BSF started back up this week. (Bible Study Fellowship) I’m definitely lacking without it and I can feel it. It’s like God knows exactly what to say to me at exactly the right time. Hmm, imagine that!
I want to start sharing my notes on here. It’s not a whole lot, it’s just what I take away from lecture that I absolutely love and have to share.
This week our lesson was in Acts 15:36-18:22
- Obedience is costly, but rewarding
- Two earnest Christians can differ on an important issue and both be right
- God knows our personalities. It’s not the will of God to be separated & bitter from a disagreement. Conflict is never easy or fun but the results can still be good.
- We must yield to the Holy Spirit. I’m a planner. Am I yielding to what God wants?
- God’s ‘stops’ are as important as God’s direction to move ahead. Does a door close and I keep pushing on that door?
- God’s way of leading is step by step, not leap by leap.
- We need to examine scripture every day in this crazy world.
- A NOBLE PERSON HAS AN OPEN MIND BUT A CAUTIOUS HEART (I really love this)
- Don’t get lost in a world of relativism. We need to discern truth and error by examination of The Word. Does _______ line up with the word of God?
- Everyone has an opinion but there must be a declaration of the truth in the end. (God’s truth)
- God gives encouragement to His children in ways that are personal to them. (We don’t all learn the same way!)
- God’s way of leading is step by step. Are you following step by step or leaping ahead frustrated and confused about your direction?
I’ve definitely been frustrated and confused lately and it’s encouraging to me that my relationship with God is personal.
I really thought we were meant to go to TN and when that door closed I thought I was going crazy. I know that the Holy Spirit was preparing me to leave. And maybe that’s all it was, was a test to see if we would go. And that God closing that door was meant to happen too!
All the things I prayed about to change for our life must be able to happen here too! I want to make sure I am following God step by step and not leaping ahead. I want to have an open mind and a cautious heart.